Friday, April 16, 2010

The Pentagon Papers

So I'm reading Glenn Greenwald's article on how when Obama considers the extensive crimes of the Bush administration he believes we need to look forward, not backward, and we need to forget about prosecuting any of the powerful people. However those that illegally revealed those crimes because they were secret? Obama thinks it's worthwhile to prosecute them. Even though they happen to be impoverished.

He mentioned Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers. I know the Pentagon papers are extremely important, but I have to admit I don't know much about them. I didn't even know the name Daniel Ellsberg.

Wouldn't you know it there's a documentary about him that looks pretty good called "The Most Dangerous Man in America". And wouldn't you know it there's a screening in Detroit. And wouldn't you know it, it's showing tonight. Funny how things work out. The trailer is below. Looks pretty good. I might be there.

No comments: